Monday, March 14, 2011

Closeness is Happiness.

Spring Break. A two week intervention from the stresses of school work. Two weeks to put enough gas in my tank to get me through to summer. Most importantly, two weeks that I can dedicate to getting to know God better without distractions.


This semester has been the best semester I've had at Moody. I am not sure how to put into words why I feel like this way, but I'll try.


This semester has been full of change. Whether or not change takes me closer to GOD is whether change is good or bad. In this case change is bringing me closer to GOD and causing me to rely on HIM for everything. With that being said, that is the reason I'm at Moody Bible Institute. School work, relationships, ministry, soccer, everything and anything should be done in complete reliance on GOD. 


However, it's really tough to do that most times. Most of the time I think I can do it alone. I can get better on my own. The reality, the hard-nosed truth, is that I can't. If that is the only thing I get from Moody, then that alone is worth going. 



Whom have I in heaven but you?
And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you.
My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. (Ps. 73:25)


All I want from Moody is the help and the guidance to make this a reality, and so far, it's doing just that. So whether or not I enjoy writing papers or reading books, GOD's been using the people and experiences at the school to teach me how to love HIM more and to rely on HIM. Too often I forget to trust GOD when things are going great in my life, but HE always unexpectedly brings some rough waters in my life to lovingly remind me what I'm here for. That is called love.


All that to say, I'm happy with life right now. Whether or not I enjoy what happens, if it brings me closer to GOD, I'm a happy camper. Therefore, I'm a happy camper right now.





No comments:

Post a Comment