Sunday, August 28, 2011

I know.


I know a lot of people. I used to think that this was because I’m outgoing and friendly. But now I’m starting to understand that I just wanted to fit in. I wanted to have a stable circle of friends, but anytime that commitment came, I got scared and found new friends.

I know a lot of people, and a lot of people know about me. They know my name. They know I play soccer. They know I’m a Bible Major. They know my hair color, my laugh, my voice, my jokes. They know I live in Greece. They know I go to Missio Deo.

I know a lot of people, but a lot of people don’t know me. Do they know what makes me happy? What makes me cry? Do they know my struggles? My fears? My longings? My pains? Do they know I am often falsely happy? Do they know I hide my insecurity through sarcasm? Do they know that I’m afraid of being a terrible friend?

I know a lot of people, and a lot of people are great. But I could know everyone in this whole world, and still not have peace. I could be completely transparent with those closest to me, and they still wouldn’t know all my secrets. I could be around people all day, and still be alone.

I know a lot of people, but only ONE knows me. Only ONE knows my heart. Only ONE sees me in my darkest times. Only ONE stretches out HIS hand whenever I’m drowning. Only ONE makes me truly happy. Only ONE loves me enough to die for me. Only ONE can satisfy.

I know a lot of people, but do I love a lot of people? Do I give up my time for people? Do I share my heart with people? Do I make an effort to know people? Do I listen with a willing heart?

I should. Hopefully, I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment