Monday, August 8, 2011

GOSPEL





If you are like me, then you have constantly forgotten what the Gospel is, or better yet, WHO the Gospel is. Whenever someone had asked me what I believe, I would struggle to tell them. I have always been told that the Gospel is very simple, and yet when I try to explain it, I immediately go into defense mode instead of just saying what I believe.


At Missio Dei, my church in Chicago, we are going through a series about being mission minded. Yesterday, we talked about what the Gospel is, and how GOD has called us to actually tell others about the GOSPEL (Rom. 10:13-17).


The main thing in life that keeps us from sharing our faith seems to be FEAR. Either the fear of man or the fear of our ability. The fear of man is a constant struggle, but we must remember that GOD has sent us out to proclaim HIS Gospel. HE has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and love and self-control. There is hope in the Gospel, and we need to share that hope with others.


Our fear of ability is a fear to comprehensively share the Gospel with others. That fear comes in because we think when we share the Gospel that if they do not accept JESUS then we have failed. However, "we weren't called to be successful, but faithful." (Pastor Mike). We may just be planting seeds in their hearts, but that's what GOD had planned. Many times, salvation doesn't come by one person alone, but by many influences. But to help you understand the GOSPEL in a clear way that can be easily understood and explained, Missio Dei put together a little chart and then I made one just like it:






I hope this blesses you as it blessed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment