Friday, July 23, 2010

Burnt Out?

Today, I had the first coffee of the summer. What does that mean for me? I'm tired.

Summer is supposed to be a time where a student gets to relax from all his school work and just get away. While I have been able to relax from school work, I haven't really been able to get away. I'be been working on campus since school got out, and I'm actually waking up earlier than I did during the school year.

I know what you are saying, "Welcome to the real world, Sam." Well, the real world sucks, at least during the summer time. During the school year, my mind gets burnt out but right now my body is burnt out. I'm physically tired, yet I'm ready for school to start.

I think this is a mixture of my poor social life right now and the excitement I have for this next semester. Seriously, I'm pumped for school. There's going to be soccer, Greek, friends whose lives have changed over the summer, and a whole array of surprises.

Right now I'm beating my body to a pulp by training for soccer and working 40 hours a week, but come Autumn, I'll be glad I did it. As far as mental readiness, all I've really done this summer mentally is watch LOST with Spencer, which is pretty mentally straining, but I think I'm going to start working on Green today. It should be a good start for next semester.

Tonight, I'm eating at the Wallace household which I'm pumped for. Spencer is gone this weekend which means no LOST for me. If anybody has some ideas of what I should do with my time leave me a comment. I always open to new ideas. Also, follow me on twitter if you have one. I generally yave some funny thoughts throughout the day that I put on there. @samis_1991

Smell ya later.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.4.8

No comments:

Post a Comment